19/01/2010

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

So, here it is ... my first blog written in English. I was supposed to set it up in a previous term, however due to some circumstances I have done it just now. A handbook for Critical Research Methods says that blogs are a useful tool for research so I hope it will inspire me to choose appropriate topic for my dissertation.

My previous dissertation (for Bachelor degree) was about creating a strategy for tourism development in Pomorskie Voivodeship. Criteria and whole structure of dissertation are completely different in Poland. Generally students in Poland are not required to do research. They just choose a topic and then with help of literature, journals etc. they must write an essay (at least 40 - 50 pages long). After submitting my dissertation (in a hard copy) I was required to defend it orally.

I am a part time student at University of Greenwich. I have started studies in September 2008 therefore I feel secure in terms of referencing, writing an essays etc. Still I feel uncertain about research. I do not know where to start from and I am not sure about topic. I have some ideas :
- tourism in Pomorskie Voivodeship
- visitor motivations (for specific location)
- wildlife tourism somewhere in Africa (very wide subject)

I do not want to start a dissertation and then stop somewhere in the middle because of lack of ideas or appropriate knowledge ...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Aga,
    Nice cold and warm colours you have chosen for your blog.
    However, I beg you,change your blog's language to English, so non-polish visitor could read.
    Try to add some photos and send post about poland. so we could know more about your country.
    Take Care, Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to visit Cracow, then I recommend to read about the city on this site:
      http://www.partykrakow.com/

      Delete
  2. Hey Mehran

    Thanks for ideas. Sorry about the language. I've changed it now. Hope you can read it without problems now. Take care and see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete